I, Am

I too, am a Nigerian.
A night came when these men 
who get to fat chairs of power 
asked me to learn begging for lumps 

They said; go feed on crumbs 
that escaped our fat tongues 
but I did not make my argue; 
I only laughed so wide on Blues 
till my teeth all feel to the hues 
and tears washing their shining shoes 

I will learn to eat and live so small 
till I master the good and simple life 
they will be surprised and ask me how 
but I will lie to their long ears and big eyes; 
I will not tell how fat my good health had grown 
when they have nothing to boast of with again 

But when they have lost their peace gambling to live 
then I will sit from my stitched roof; to watch 
with crickets and sparrows will I gossip their fall 
for their days will see no cool breeze 
but like beehives shall we empty their ease  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts