I WISH THE DREAM COME TRUE
Ronke has been sleeping-standing for hours now, feeling guilty of her attitude and manner towards her husband this morning before leaving for official assignment slated this month by his departmental head.
What do I do oooh! She kept inhaling her mind as if her heart will replay all she has been saying for long to this time.
"Mama Kankuti" as her neighbors do nomenclatures her of her troublesome attitude of ''I am always right from my eyes"
Now, she feels like sleeping but as nature will also feel the concern, it seems even the natural sleep have to pay her back of who she never pretend to be, even out of the four walls of her household.
Her eyes now day dreaming, of what to do about the charm given to her by a fetish man, who asked her of what she needs to do to rule her home with an iron hand.
"Come and take" the man kept replicating his words with whatever he needs to give out to Mama Kankuti. "Have this from my old wit fingers, for whoever wants to rule her home with pleasure". "Use this water to cook him any meal, he picked a container, "this oil to fry him four egg every morning and this money for a fresh bread tomorrow before the cockcrows". "All this you must do, it's a must!" He sat down.
"But Baba, how would I be able to get the fresh bread before the cockcrows? You and I know no bakery opens at that time".
"Hahaha khikirkir yeeee" he fell on the container from which he poured out the water he gave to her which made the water spill out. "That is why we keep telling you young ladies to marry old men, so you can learn old cleaver witty twisty lines".
He paused to listen very clear and concise the mysterious song been played by a fleet of birds who just passed over the roof of the shrine. "Sorry daughter, sometimes we communicate with the invisible spirits and naturals".
"As I was saying, you can pay the bakery to bake and bring it any time, you know what money can do" he said as he sat to give her a white piece of cloth. "Use it to remove any undissolved particles in tea you prepare for him".
"Baba, how true that it will work?" She suspiciously said as she take it from him.
"Daughter" Baba screeched, "Get out of my hostage, who do you think I am?".
With the way Baba sounds, she became scared and was clothed with inner feeling of "what do I do now?" Especially how Baba couldn't swallow but vomit his words on a high tempo to leave. "I have to teach this Man how to run errands, clean up the house, take the kids to school, challenge his parents to be wrong and sorry, even when they are right and I, wrong" before she left.
Mr James, just closed from his routine of counting six to eight digits everyday, as his duty calls out for him.
"You are welcome sweetheart" the word sounds to his soul. Runke hugged his husband who was left amazed and speechless regarding the sudden change sudden change of his wife, whom he ran away from this morning, as she was about to tear his skin down with a one thousand degree Celsius boiled water, in the basement of trying to settle his wife's uncalled action towards his colleagues who came to pick him up that same day of hustling.
" Your meal is ready to be eaten by you and your family" she said to tease him as cautioned by Baba.
"Is anything wrong in this house? Or is it a trap or you want me to eat what you have poised?"
"No na! How can I? Why must you think that way? Who gave you the idea that I will ever kill the man who helped me bear two handsome kids?" And she left for the table.
The aroma of the garnished food that eve made him not to hesitate as his tummy began to play melodies that sent a signal to the wife that "this man needs to engulf that dish".
"Ok, let's hurry to get started". He firmly left which made the wife withdraw herself to follow aback, clapping her hands in victory of her aim.
"Good morning darling husband", she said as she tapped her husband who was still fighting the final battle of Amagedon.
"Good morning" he finally spoke as he rise to sit when the wife stood up to kiss his down lip and later knelt down as ascribed by Baba.
"The breakfast is ready but before then, I want to make a confession" still on her knees.
"Something?" Confused as he responds to her request, already sitting right to face and hear her out.
"Yes, something" she continues. "I want to say I am very sorry for all the troubles I kept you going through from from last two year to this time". She kept quiet to see if his attention is focused.
"Yes go on, I am listening with all my self" he said as he bent down.
"It was a devilish and demonic advice by our sister NGO, who are feminist and explored our minds to accept and strive for the feminist right" she continues, "because I also want to taste from the outlined benefit, that was why I turned this way" already sobbing as she kept quiet when the husband stood to help her on feet to the bed.
"It's alright, if we are under God's mercy, who am I?". He held her tight to bed.
It's already 11pm, when the two woke up from their joyful moments of fun with each other. She stood and begin to drag him to the bathroom for a clean up shower, which the husband consciously pretends still sleeping.
"Remember tomorrow is Sunday, we have to wake early to dress the kids so we can meet up with the one hour search the scripture". The study, which will be anchored by pastor Steph, whom everyone wish to always take, as he breakes every syllable of the scripture down to assimilation, as if he was the writer. Students always like hanging with him as he was graced with the knowledge and wisdom for every question, albeit academic, marital, spiritual, physical and even terrestrial.
"Look at this yeye man, let me remind him of the part of the scripture that says 'there is time for him to clean up the house'". She grabbed him with a slap.
"You fool, will you wake up from bed? Don't you know your mates has already started to do their daily chores.
Still battling with the bed, he was forced to open his eyes with a hot slap that confused the neighbors whether the sound came from the
"So it's a dream" he furruliously said with indignation as he collapsed and began to sob. "Good I wish you could make this dream come true, this woman is a devils incarnate". He kept wiping his face while cleaning up the whole House
Comments
Post a Comment